The Shy Knitter

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Well, here I am, in and amongst the knitting blog community. Ever since I read the Yarn Harlot's mention of knitters who were "sadly, blogless" I have wondered if I should join in on the fun. As my blog name suggests, I am not necessarily the most sociable of knitters. I have gone to a number of knitting events, I am a member of the Toronto Downtown Knit Collective, but have a horrible time meeting and talking to other knitters. I have the great fortune of coming from a family of knitters, and have great knitting friends at work, but I often feel it isn't enough and I am missing out on so much more.

So in a world where the magic of the blog can have you speak to people across the planet, I am joining in to the discussion. Here is my view of the knitting world and life in general. Being new blogging world, it is going to take me some time to get a project meter going, links and all the usual bells and whistles that most knitting blogs have these days. But until then, feel free to drop me a line and let me know what you think or are thinking. It will be so nice to meet you.

2 Comments:

  • At Thursday, 06 July, 2006, Blogger Eden said…

    w00t!!

    Welcome to the blogosphere... we've got you now (insert cackling laugh).
    I'll help you set up your progress bars next week!

     
  • At Wednesday, 27 December, 2006, Blogger Barbara said…

    welcome to knitting blogging - or something like that.

    I find it's a great way to keep track of my progress on various projects and to document techniques that I have tried.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home