The Shy Knitter

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Get me to the church on time

Yes, we did make it to the church on time and more importantly, so did the bride and groom.

Here's the church (doesn't have a steeple)......









Open the doors, look at all the people......









Here is the family on the groom's side, all of which are from out of town.

The ceremony was light hearted and thankfully brief as it was a rather warm day. I think many of us were quietly melting in the church, but I am certain it was nothing compared to what the bride and groom were feeling.

The reception was held in Richmond at a Chinese restaurant, and done in grand style. 12 courses were served and although I don't eat seafood (which most of the menu composed of) I was blissfully full by the end. To give you an idea of the feast that took place, here is the menu after all was said and done. Yummy, eh?











The next day started as a 'knitting day' although it was exactly planned that way. The Richmond Art Gallery was closed, but there was an outdoor art exhibit on by Janet Morton, who
had done some beautiful knit work on and around trees. I had seen knit tagging on outdoor objects, but this work took it to a whole new level. Here are some pics....











More on this day's outings later.

1 Comments:

  • At Monday, 28 August, 2006, Blogger Eden said…

    My goodness, could the church be any more quaint!?

    The question is: Can you still do the hand gestures that go along with that rhyme?

    But seriously - those are quite the tree sweaters! Perhaps I will try to do some knit-tagging on my vacation, though it will have to be on street signs due to the lack of trees in Black Rock City. :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home