The Shy Knitter

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Phoenix Rises from the Flames....

If you go back a couple of posts, you will recall I finished a purple ballet wrap sweater, and that I wasn't too pleased how big it made me look. Well, as time passed, I began to hate it and didn't want to think I spent all that time and money (well, maybe more money) on something I was unlikely to wear. So, I frogged the whole thing. That was two weeks ago and today, here are the results.I still think I look big (mind you, I am a big girl) but I don't feel like a big cow in it. The pattern is 3Times Chic from Knitty.com and is supposed to be a pullover. But as it is 1/2 merino wool, and as I have a propensity to overheat easily, I made it into this cardigan. I am considering putting in a zipper, but think the button at the top is fine for now.

With this project over, I should be moving on to Heather's sweater. She told me (less than tactfully....to be fair she was tired, but started giggling when she saw the picture on the pattern ) that she wouldn't wear a sweater with a Chinese emblem on the back, but if I took that out, she would wear it. But I am back on making Tit Bits for our next DKC meeting on Oct 18th. I was having some problems with one of them, and I am trying to remake it.

Also on the needles, is a new sock. I thought that perhaps I wouldn't want to do another sock any time soon, but it started to call my name and I felt I had to do one (is this how it starts?). Anyway, the yarn is called 'Tutti Fruitty', but I think of it as Rainbow Sherbert. I took this picture at my desk at work, as it tends to be knitted on the way to, at, and on the way home from office. The colours are far more outrageous than I usually wear, but it is fun and remind my of 'youth'.

As it is Thanksgiving here in Canada, we are going out to my parent's for dinner tomorrow. We are doing it pot luck style, with mom cooking a capon (chicken), my aunt is bringing a broccoli salad, my sister her famous berry crumble (yum, yum) and I am bringing butternut squash (grown in my garden) with shallots and sage. Thank goodness we have Monday off so we can recover!

2 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, 11 October, 2006, Blogger Eden said…

    Well, hey, I thought the ballet sweather looked nice too, but I am glad you are happy with the re-knit. You should add a photo closeup of the button you scored for the top!

     
  • At Wednesday, 11 October, 2006, Blogger Shauna Dawn said…

    I sooo like the re-knit sweater!It's beeeuteeful!

    I hope u r feeling better soon.

    It's not the same here without u!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home