The Shy Knitter

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Sick Chick.....

I am not terribly sick today, but nor am I terribly well either. I felt pretty lousy last night, not so great this morning, but better this afternoon. Thinking that perhaps it was best that I lay low today, I called in sick hoping to get some rest. What I got was about 2 1/2 hours wrestling with my computer trying to install some new software.
Anyway, I have had quite enough and thought that a diversion was in order. As such, I am taking Eden's advise and providing a close up on the button for my newly reknit sweater. Hope this shows up well..... it is a spiral configuration, simple but effective, that I only have two of. I guess I could put the second one on as well, but I don't think it would look as good. Anyway, I got these two at Romni on Queen, perhaps I will go there to see if there are any more.

What else can I show you? Oh, yes it was Thanksgiving last weekend and Heather and I went to Guelph for the annual feast. Here is a picture of me and my niece (who is 33 this year.....doesn't look it though....do I look 40?) while I knit. This was to be Heather's sweater, but first she didn't like the Asian motif on the back, and then she didn't like the colour (she will also be the first one to admit that she is fussy). Her loss, my mother's gain. I told Heather she was SOL, and mom was more than happy to accept a hand knitted garment being made for her (god knows she has made enough things for me!!). I am also trying to get Sarah to get knitting, but she is resistant (maybe she is just saner than I am).

It was a good Thanksgiving, with the usual over abundance of food. The favourite of which my sister's crumble (yum-yum). It was Blackberry-Raspberry and was fresh out of the oven when it was served, and had it with vanilla ice cream. Don't get me wrong, I am a chocolate girl through and through, but this is on par with the best chocolate out there.

The final thing we did last weekend was to go down to the Humber River to see the salmon run. This happens every year about this time, and is a truly remarkable thing to watch. The only thing that is more remarkable is the size of these fish, they are truly huge, and yet the ones that are commercially fished are even bigger. I don't know if I would want to eat one of these (Lake Ontario's waters are less than pristine), but they are certainly something to behold.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home