The Shy Knitter

Sunday, June 10, 2007

This little piggy went to market....

Yesterday we celebrated my mom's birthday (last week) and my aunt/her sister's birthday (next week) in Guelph. It was a wonderful day, great weather, great food, lots of fun, and it gave me chance to work on some finger puppets that I found in knitty.com called Puppers.

Here's one that is finished. Can you guess what it is? I asked a couple of people, they didn't quite get that it is a pig.






But I had better luck with my other puppers even though the faces weren't done. You'll have to tell me what you think they are.







I should also update you on the sea silk shawl. As yesterday was International Knit in Public day (which entails a yarn crawl in Toronto which carries the euphemism the TTC Knit-a-long) I took it out for lunch. Mom treated Heather, Jennifer, Sarah and myself for a lovely lunch at the Artisanale (formerly known as the Bookshelf Cafe. Unfortunately, I made a 'boo-boo' and wound up ripping it back to a safety line. It is the second time I have had to do so, but what a godsend those little safety lines are (mine are done in dental floss and are a continual source of interest). The shawl is past the half way mark and I am hoping to have it done by the end of June.

Here is one of the birthday girls, and the book that I had signed by the Yarn Harlot during her book launch in T.O. Mom always loves getting books, and the Harlot is a welcome edition to her collection. I think I have mentioned before that my mother learned from her mother when she was a child. Without telling her age, it is many decades of knitting.



Happy birthday to you both !!!!!














0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home