The Shy Knitter

Friday, November 02, 2007


One good turn, deserves another....


Good health, and good friends are two things that you cannot take for granted. The scarf for Fabio's wife Joyce was delivered to him, and his appreciation of my efforts was quite evident. He still hasn't presented to his best beloved, but he assures me that she will be thrilled to receive it.

Yesterday, he presented me with a ball of Superior in the colourway that I liked best. He didn't need to do this (I was more than thrilled to have a second ball in silver to work with), and his thoughtful gesture literally brought me to tears. As Heather said to me last night, he is a classy guy.
I have decided to knit Wisp with it, and to use beads as inspired by KnitMongrel in Ravelry. There are some pattern issues, as the fishnet lace used in Wisp tends to expose many single strands (which are very weak in this yarn), but I think I have found a substitute lace that will suite this pattern well.
Thanks to current friends and new ones, I think this project will be a great success.


2 Comments:

  • At Monday, 05 November, 2007, Blogger jacquieblackman said…

    How sweet!

    I've had my eye on Wisp for a bit. And I like the idea of using beads. Keep us updated as to how that goes.

     
  • At Thursday, 08 November, 2007, Blogger Eden said…

    That's our Fabio, classy guy.

    I think I may also be knitting Wisp for my Norwegian Secret Santa, along with a pair of Mrs. Beetons...

    I love how it's turning out, please post another picture for those who don't see your progress everyday! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home