The Shy Knitter

Sunday, September 30, 2007


Anticipation.....

While I am done my ascot (I am very pleased how it turned out), and finishing up some UFOs that have been patiently waiting for my return, I am twitching with excitement over a new project just over the horizon.

Last year, my friend Fabio (who I knit an Alpaca scarf for his 30th birthday) told me he would like to have a cashmere scarf knit for his wife. I told him the price might be a bit too prohibitive, and there wasn't enough time to get it done before Christmas that year.

Enter the new the new yarns at the last DKC meeting last week. One of the distributors had a yarn of 70% cashmere and 30% silk, 330 yards for under $30 = one scarf. It was buttery, it was delicious, it was Superior. I read a write up on Knitter's Review and knew I just had to have it. If Fabio still wanted to have that scarf made for his wife, I was more than willing to make it for him. After various options for scarves were examined, we settled on this one called Mist Lace Scarf . When I knit Fabio's scarf last year, I did it all in ribbing and almost died from boredom (it took me over 6 months to knit as I kept picking it up and putting it down). This pattern has just enough lace to make it interesting, but it is a beginners pattern I won't be pulling my hair out trying get into the rhythm.
The only problem is that we had to order from New York City, as we couldn't get the colour he wanted in T.O. It shouldn't take long, but I can't wait to get started. I even did a test swatch with Alpaca to practice the pattern. It looks good, and I may even complete the scarf in the Alpaca after this one is done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home