The Shy Knitter

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Reunited, and it feels so good....

We haven't heard from our friends Kevin & Robert for almost four years. A tragic misunderstanding would have made that a permanent seperation, if it wasn't for a strange series of events. Happily, we have reconnected and it feels very much like nothing has changed at all.

Rob and I go way back, to when I first moved out of my parent's house (when I was 22), and moved into the Beaches. We lived with many, many people as they hey all came and went over the years. When Rob moved out and I went to a different address, we kept in touch. In fact, I wound up living in the basement apartment of Rob & Kevin's house in Riverdale for four tormutulant years (it was the best of times, it was the worst of times). I meet Heather at the end of that time (when I was 29) and Rob & Kevin sold the house shortly therafter. We still kept in touch until we bought our house in the west end, and the misunderstanding happened.
It was very difficult for me, as Rob had been in my life for so long and I was convinced that he was writing me off. We had been through many great and many horrible times together. When I got a call from him last week, I told him my perceptions of what happened. He said he was sorry I thought that, but it couldn't be further from the truth.

So, we reconnected and had dinner with Rob & Kevin last night. It was like the void of time that had passed, shrunk into nothingness. It is a continuation of where we left off, and I couldn't be happier. Lessons here? Don't take your friendships for granted, and question things when you think you have been wronged, it might be the wrong perception.

On a knitting note, my good friend Eden and I went to Romni on Friday and did the last run before their sale ended. I got 9 balls of yarn for Heather's sweater, which I will start when things cool down a tad (can't even think of touching wool in this weather). It is Lamb's pride (Aubergine) which I got for 20% off. I hope to do a neck down sweater, and it should look stunning in this colour (thanks again Eden for your great suggestion).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home