The Shy Knitter

Monday, August 06, 2007

Lace and bugs...

I will definitely call myself a novice lace knitter, and it frustrates the hell out of me. I can't tell you how much time it took to figure out this little bit of lace knitting, but I did get it. If it is any comfort to me, my mother (who has been knitting for most of her 81 years) didn't get it at all. It also helps that I went from a 40 gauge crochet cotton (shown at top) to a much thicker 10 gauge. Sort of like going from knitting fine dental floss, to thin string.

This lace garter will eventually be a present for my friend of Shauna for her upcoming wedding. I am only posting this as I will need to reveal my project to her tomorrow. I would like to get ribbon in her wedding colours, but I have no idea what they are.


While working on my newest piece of knitting (which I need to have done before Shauna's wedding shower on the 22nd), I came across some very interesting wee beasties.

This is a Hummingbird moth. It is out of focus, as it was moving so fast (but not as fast as its avian counterpart). I knew it wasn't a bird, as it has antenna out of its head. Absolutely amazing.


Also, this bee was nice enough to sit still and let me take about 20 pics of her (only a handful actually turned out).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home