The Shy Knitter

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Shy no more...

Well, I will always be the Shy Knitter, but thanks to Ravelry I am meeting lots of new people to kit with.

First though, the modified beaded wisp. I took this pic this morning in hopes of capturing the flash of light captured by these beads. This one isn't too bad, but it still doesn't reflect how pretty these little beads are. I am thrilled with how this is progressing, and have been showing it off as often as I can. The reaction is equal to how I feel about it. As yarn was a gift, I wanted to make something as classy as the person who gave it to me. I think I have succeeded!!


Through Ravelry, the West-End Woolies met up for the first time on Thursday at the Starbucks at Bloor and Runnymede. Eden was there too, and I think the concensus is that this will be a fun little group. After Tracey set up the cutest button for our snb on Ravelry, I unintentionally sent an invention to the Yarn Harlot to our group. Did I feel silly! Did I really think she would respond? Did I really think she would show up? (insert Wayne's World chant: We're not worthy....) Well, she did accept the invitation to our group on Ravelry (I am convinced it was that cute button that got her to accept), hopefully she can find some time to knit with us.


Finally, I dropped by the snb on Wednesday evening from the meetup.com group. I must honestly say, I was very intimidated to go. I knew one person, Jacquie who is always supportive and enthusiastic about me going, but you know how I am about well established knitting groups.....anyway, I went. It was about 40 knitters there and despite bad lighting, and moving 3 times to find a spot where I wasn't isolated, I did meet a charming group of women and chatted for quite sometime.

I think I am going to make these snb a weekly routine, with Thursday group one week (we are going for every other) and the Wednesday group on another. It has been great for me to get out on a regular basis again, as I really didn't appreciate how much I missed that after night school ended. This along with the monthly DKC meetings should give me plenty to keep me occupied with.






1 Comments:

  • At Saturday, 01 December, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi there
    I'll take the charming group of knitters as a compliment! I hope to see you again soon. It's a busy time of year, but I plan to go this Wednesday.
    Take care,
    Heather

     

Post a Comment

<< Home