The Shy Knitter

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Nella maglieria Italiana (Knitting in Italian)

As you may remember, I knit a cashmere scarf for my friend Fabio's wife. He provided the yarn, I provided the labour. Part of the payment, was the joy of knitting with such a fine fibre, and the other was keeping the extra ball of yarn if it wasn't needed. Well, it wasn't so I told Fabio I was going to knit something for my mother with it.

Being the classy guy he is, he bought me another ball of this beautiful yarn in a colour I love, so I would knit something for myself. This was the result. It is probably the nicest thing I ever knit myself, and since it was given to me as a token of friendship, I am thrilled it has come out so well.


I finally finished the last ball of cashmere/silk yarn this week, and mailed the caplet to my mother. She loved it. This exchange of yarn and creativity has been a wonderful experience (although there were a couple of rough spots), and I can't thank Fabio enough for his thoughtfulness. In his native tongue:

La ringrazio molot.
Mia madre ama il suo maglia caplet.
La vostra generosita ha reso possibile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home