The Shy Knitter

Friday, November 23, 2007

All is good, inside and out....
As I may have mentioned before, my mother taught me how to knit. And as she has been knitting most of her life, she has a great deal of experience with her stitches. One of my very first fair isle knitting projects, she told me that the inside should look as good as the out. To accomplish this, the alternate yarn should be carried every 2 or 3 stitches at the most.
I know that in the knitting world, it is perfectly acceptable to carry the yarn every 4 or 5 stitches, but it never quite strikes me as being as clean and tidy as how mom does it. Have a look at this.....the first picture shows the inside on the left and the outside on the right. The second picture is the inside, the third is the outside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home