The Shy Knitter

Saturday, September 06, 2008

I guess the only thing I find more interesting than yarn and knitting for clothing, is yarn and knitting for artistic purposes. A case in point would be Kirk Dunn, who I first saw at a DKC meeting about 2 years ago. He knits stain glass windows and is currently working on a three part instalation about Christianity, Judaism and Islam. My regret at the time was that I didn't have a camera on hand, and there is very little to follow up on through the Internet.

He was speaking at the Vogue Knitting tour of Toronto today, and this time I had camera in hand. Not only is the concept intellectually stimulating, but the actual process and design is fascinating. Have a look for yourself....









































0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home