The Shy Knitter

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Parting is such sweet sorrow....

Not my first commissioned piece, but certainly my first commissioned sweater. It has almost two months of knitting and I am really really happy with the results. Having said that, not sure if I will knit for someone again. It isn't that I didn't enjoy it, I did. And it isn't that the compensation isn't good (we agreed on me being taken out for lunch, as there wasn't anyway he could compensate me financially). But there is an added pressure to 'do well' that isn't there when you knitting for yourself. You always want to do well, but you can't really frog the whole project or let it turn out so-so.


Anyway, I get a bit attached to my projects and I am certainly going to miss this one. Even though I know Ian will give it a good home.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home